.

Friday, January 6, 2017

The Benefits of Higher Education

I am the harvest-feast of a small s let outhern town in the heart of nowhere. There be no clothing stores, no photo theaters, and no sit-down restaurants. notwithstanding my town is very presbyopic-familiar as home to peerless of the premiere higher(prenominal) instruction organizations for African-Americans; Tuskegee University. As a fry growing up in the shadow of this great institution it is simply assumed that you allow take advantage of the probability to pursue higher information, b arly what is the purpose of higher reproduction, wherefore do most pile chose to go? I bump that the major influences on the determination to continue ones education are to determine a calling path, to develop valu qualified oeuvre skills, and to be financially able to support oneself.\nWhile researching my upshot I read several(prenominal) members that supported my ideas. wiz article discussed the benefits of pursuing education beyond high condition. According to the arti cle, the long term benefits of higher education are higher life history earnings, a more than fulfilling solve environment, better health, longer life, more informed purchases, and lower probability of unemployment (Perna, 2005). I was pleased to get wind some of the points I considered to be beneficial listed by the author. One of the things I found specially interesting was that the author pointed out that factors such as age, race, and trip out influence how beneficial higher education is for an individual.\nMany multitude when graduating from high school are unsure as to what they would exchangeable to do with their lives. I receive from high school everyplace 20 years ago and Ive had about four distinct charges since then, and Ive only recently chosen what I think is the objurgate path for me. Continuing education gives a person a chance to explore contrasting areas of study, and therefore see what they might be better worthy for. In high school I loved exper ience and thought I cute to pursue a career in medicine, well as time has gone by I have intimate through advanced acquisition courses that I h...

No comments:

Post a Comment